Top 5 Reasons #RecallGavinNewsom Would be a Disaster for California
According to latest polls, most California Democrats are unaware of, or not planning to vote in the Governor recall election on Sept 14. So, here’s the top 5 reasons you should vote no on the recall.
1. If Newsom is recalled, the leading candidate to replace him is Larry Elder, a corrupt Republican radio host with no experience in government, and who assaulted his ex fiancee with a gun during a drug induced haze.
2. Elder has stated he will risk the lives of millions of Californians, including California’s children, by eliminating mask and vaccine mandates.
3. If Elder IS elected, he could reverse California’s most progressive policies, with the ability to nominate literally thousands of people to the various Committee and Board assignments. He could destroy California utilities, California education, LGBTQ rights, and even California’s strong pro-choice support for women’s rights, and we don’t want California to turn into Texas.
3. If any Republican wins the Governorship, they would have the ability to nominate a replacement for 88 year old Diane Feinstein, if she passed away or resigned, and Elder has stated he would nominate a hard-right replacement, who would serve until 2024.
4. If Elder were to appoint Feinstein’s replacement, that would mean the Democrats would lose their 1-vote Senate majority, halting all Progressive legislation. That means no climate legislation bill, no voting rights act, and no democrat to replace Stephen Bryer.
5. The last time a Republican was elected via a recall, it resulted in a massive record-setting debt for the state that bordered on bankruptcy; record deficits that could not have been paid back in even the best economic times; striking a backroom deal to suspend constitutionally guaranteed K–12 school funding, depriving our children of their right to an education; suspending the promise, for the first time in forty years, that every eligible California high school graduate would have a place at a UC or CSU; depriving millennials of a better future; and failures so great that he couldn’t even get the support of his own party, and blamed the California GOP for “dying at the box office.”
Vote No on the Recall ballot.
Look for your mail-in ballot, or vote at the polls on September 14.
Do you have your own thoughts?
Let us know in the comments!